Completed Rubens Master Copy

Finally finished with this master copy by Paul Rubens. It took 3 sessions to complete and it 6x8 in size. I am mostly quite pleased with his ear, I was avoiding it for some time until I could spend a single session on it fresh and I am glad I made that decision.

I believe I learned a lot about edges and paint handling with this study. I also have realised the type of painting method I would ideally like to work with in the future for my own projects. The next portrait I am working on will be using a glazing method which I have never used before so I am a little nervous about messing it all up but these are studies and I am meant to learn from them so I am excited to get that going!

T


154 views